Breakfast Tuesdays & Thursdays
The Oregon Senior Center provides FREE breakfast every Tuesday & Thursday at 9:00am to Oregon residents 60 years or older. Cost is $5.50 to anyone under 60 years
Hot Lunch During the Week
Monday – Friday at 11:30am
These meals are available for a small donation to anyone 60 or older. Younger spouses are welcome to join you. You must sign up 24 hours in advance. Under 60 is a mandatory $5.50.
Thursday Night Dinners
The Area Office on Aging serves dinner at the Oregon Senior Center every Thursday evening at 4:30pm. You must sign up Wednesday by noon. No walk-ins
Same restrictions apply. Suggested donation of $2.50
Reservations must be made by calling (419) 698-7078
Leave the driving to us!
Appointments, shopping, medical, banking, hairdressers, to the senior center and more! Transportation provided to any Oregon resident 60 and older to and from anywhere in Oregon!
$3.00 round trip for travel to/from the Center
$4.00 round trip for transport in the Oregon area.
Do you need transport across the river?
Paula can make those arrangements!
24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED BY CALLING:
Member Only Center Credits
Center credits are earned by members when they attend any of the programs listed under the Healthy Lifestyle section and/or VOLUNTEERING for the Center!
Center credits are kept recorded from the sign in sheets at each program.
Credits are valid one Jan-Dec of the year earned.
Center credits can by used on OSC t-shirts, OSC sponsored events or OSC Store. Also earn a credit by turning in your newsletter’s completed puzzle!
OSC Gift Store will be open the last Thursday each month 2:00pm-3:00pm.
Credits are non-transferable. 1 credit earned for each program.
10 credits equal $1. Some restrictions may apply.
March 5th & 12th 9:00am-11:00am
Provided by Mary from Orchard Villa
Tuesdays March 3rd & 17th 9:30am-12:30pm
Provided by Kelly from Lucas County Health Department
• Coffee & Fellowship Thursdays 3:00pm-4:30pm
Refreshments sponsored by Eggleston Meinert & Pavley Funeral Home
• Acrylics- Mondays and Fridays at 12:30pm
• Dirty Pour Acrylics Tuesdays at 9:30am
• Crafts Tuesdays at 12:30pm- All basic materials provided, please bring your own special embellishments. You must sign up to attend.
• Oregon Book Discussion - Thursday March 12th at 2:00pm
Located at Oregon Branch Library
Author- Min Jin Lee
Exercise and Dance
• Mondays at 12:30pm Senior Style Zumba
• Mondays at 3:15pm Cardio Drumming at Mind Over Core
• Tuesdays at 9:30am Line Dancing
• Tuesdays at 2:30pm Zumba Gold
• Wednesdays at 3:15pm Core Circuit at Mind Over Core
• Thursdays at 9:30am Ballroom Dancing
• Thursdays at 9:30am Tai Chi (No class 3-12 & 3-26)
• Thursdays at 2:30pm REFIT
• Fridays 9:00am-9:30am Intro Line Dancing
• Fridays 9:30am Line Dancing
Yoga will resume in April!
OSC Social Circle
• Diner's Club Wednesday March 11th
• Shop 'Til You Drop Wednesday March 18th
• Day Trippin Tuesday March 31st
• Leaner Senior Mondays 11:00am
• Grief Support March 5th & 19th at 10:30am
• Alzheimers' Caregivers Support March 26th
• Department of Veterans Affairs March 3rd 9:00am-11:00am
Call for appointment time
• Legal Consult March 19thh 10:00am-12:00pm
Call for appointment time
• Basic Computer for Beginners March 17th 10:00-11:30
• HEAP Assistance Forms
• Bingo Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:30am & Thursday 12:30pm
• Bunco Tuesdays at 12:30pm
• Mah Jongg Wednesdays at 11:30am
• Euchre Wednesdays at 12:30pm
• Pinochle Thursdays at 9:30am
Closing & Delays
Please remember that the Oregon Senior Center CLOSES when the Oregon Schools are closed due to bad weather. If Oregon Schools are DELAYED, please call the center to see if transportation is still running. And please check your local news stations for the latest closing reports which scroll across the bottom of your TV screen.
The Oregon Senior Center is always looking for opportunities to interact with the community. If you offer a class, have an interesting topic for our seniors or looking for sponsoring opportunities please get in contact with our Outreach Coordinator Cassi Sutter.
Without volunteers the Center could not operate. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Answering Phones
• Greeting New Members
• Assisting with daily Nutrition Program
• Assemble Monthly Newsletter
• Fundraising Activities
St. Patrick's Day Dinner
Join us Tuesday March 17th at 4:30 for a Jiggs Dinner!
Cost $10 per member $14 per non-member, must pay in advance. Please call 419-698-7078 or sign up at front desk by March 13th.