Breakfast Tuesdays & Thursdays
The Oregon Senior Center provides FREE breakfast every Tuesday & Thursday at 9:00am to Oregon residents 60 years or older. Cost is $5.50 to anyone under 60 years
Hot Lunch During the Week
Monday – Friday at 11:30am
These meals are available for a small donation to anyone 60 or older. Younger spouses are welcome to join you. You must sign up 24 hours in advance. Under 60 is a mandatory $5.50.
Thursday Night Dinners
The Area Office on Aging serves dinner at the Oregon Senior Center every Thursday evening at 4:30pm. You must sign up Wednesday by noon. No walk-ins
Same restrictions apply. Suggested donation of $2.50
Reservations must be made by calling (419) 698-7078
November Medical Screenings
Tuesdays (November 12th & 26th) 9:30am-12:30pm
Provided by Kelly from Lucas County Health Department
4th Wednesday (November 27th) 11:00am-12:00pm
Provided by Heartland Rehab Services
Leave the driving to us!
Appointments, shopping, medical, banking, hairdressers, to the senior center and more! Transportation provided to any Oregon resident 60 and older to and from anywhere in Oregon!
$3.00 round trip for travel to/from the Center
$4.00 round trip for transport in the Oregon area.
Do you need transport across the river?
Paula can make those arrangements!
24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED BY CALLING:
• Diner's Club November 13th
• Shop 'Til You Drop November 19th
• Day Trippin with Louise November 12th
• Bay Chapter Book Discussion at Oregon Library November 19th
• Acrylics Classes Mondays & Fridays at 12:30pm
• Dirty Pour Acrylics Class Tuesdays at 12:30pm
• Craft Classes Wednesday's at 12:30pm
• Bingo Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:30am & Thursday 12:30pm
• Bunco Tuesdays at 12:30pm
• Mah Jongg Wednesdays at 11:30am
• Euchre Wednesdays at 12:30pm
• Pinochle Thursdays at 9:30am
• Cardio Drumming at Mind Over Core Mondays at 3:15pm
• Body Sculpting at Senior Center 12th & 26th Tuesdays at 10:45am
• Yoga at Senior Center Wednesdays at 2:00pm
• Core Circuit at Mind Over Core Wednesdays at 3:15pm
• Tai Chi at Senior Center Thursdays at 9:30am
• Refit at Senior Center Thursdays at 2:30pm
• Line Dancing Tuesday at 9:30am
• Ballroom Dancing Thursdays at 9:30am
• Educational Speakers November 7th Eye Health
• Legal Consult November 21st 10:00am-12:00pm
• Medicare Bingo 4th Friday at 11:00am
• Facility Activities
• The Well Rounded Senior Mondays at 11:00am
This month Well Rounded Senior trip Glass Blowing Demonstration
• Grief Support November 7th & 21st at 10:30am
• Fellowship Thursdays 3:00pm-4:30pm
• Golden Buckeye Card
• HEAP Assistance Forms
• Farmer’s Market Coupons
Closing & Delays
Please remember that the Oregon Senior Center CLOSES when the Oregon Schools are closed due to bad weather. If Oregon Schools are DELAYED, please call the center to see if transportation is still running. And please check your local news stations for the latest closing reports which scroll across the bottom of your TV screen.
The Oregon Senior Center is always looking for opportunities to interact with the community. If you offer a class, have an interesting topic for our seniors or looking for sponsoring opportunities please get in contact with our Outreach Coordinator Cassi Sutter.
Without volunteers the Center could not operate. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Answering Phones
• Greeting New Members
• Assisting with daily Nutrition Program
• Assemble Monthly Newsletter
• Fundraising Activities
• Cheeseballs on sale NOW! Contact Center for ordering
• November 14th 9:00am-10:15am Auto Checks! Sign up required! Contact Center for information.
• November 18th 10:30am Glasses Repair
• November 28th & 29th Center will be closed
• December 3rd 9:30am Senior Fire Prevention
• December 6th Oregon Senior Center Holiday Bazzar